Whether your business is aimed to provide impeccable service and/or products of very high quality, or be it that you are on the service-oriented or manufacturing side of the commercial industry, it is always top priority to provide your consumers with first-class customer experience and satisfaction. Studies show that customer satisfaction relies on two things:
- Meeting and exceeding customer expectation, and
- Providing useful information and excellent pre-purchase after-sales support.
With companies expanding their market reach through internet marketing and social media, it is now becoming a must to offer online support. Live chat service is one of the best customer-oriented marketing strategies to date. It is the use of chat software and social media messaging to provide support and information for a particular product or company.
Live chat service is like using Yahoo! Messenger, Skype or Facebook Messaging, where short messages are sent to a particular service provider to inquire about a product or asking for help in its installation, troubleshooting and/or maintenance.Businesses prefer having live chat service ready on-hand because of the following reasons:
1. The exchange of messages is done in real-time so customers can get an answer in less than a minute. The idea is to be there at the right time, just when a person needs information or help. People appreciate being accommodated and assisted immediately. It’s convenient for them so that will be a plus for any business offering live chat service support.
2. Customers’ questions are answered by real people so a customer with a particular problem can get an answer that is applicable to his/her question. Although FAQ pages are also very useful for generic problems, having someone to customize a solution for you or explain a product description further gives a new dimension in customer care.
3. Most people would prefer to take advices from real people rather than taking instructions from bots with pre-defined solutions so live chat service makes a perfect addition to any product page as well as online shopping sites.
4. Unlike sending e-mails and letters that may be read and answered later than expected, and sometimes not even read at all because it was sent to “Junk” or “Spam” folder by automated computer systems, chat support does not take too much time so customers and potential buyers doesn’t have to wait long or look for alternative products while waiting for a reply.
5. Unlike in-store and phone enquiries, live chat service agents can talk to at least 3 customers at a time and still provide information without mixing up these information. For example, a call center agent for a credit card company could only answer one phone call and a service representative could also only talk to one person at a time, while live chat agents can open 3 chat windows and read messages at once, thus, attending to more customers than a call center agent and an in-store service rep combined.
6. Recorded chat support messages can make troubleshooting a lot easier. When a customer sends a chat message to a support staff, the message is recorded and all pertinent information such as contact details,specific concerns and provided solutions will be kept for future references. This means that if the same person sends a chat message again or calls the service center a month later, the person assisting him will have access and information of his past product problems which could be useful in solving new problems.
All in all, live chat services and software gives an extra up in providing customers with their needed support and it gives the business the opportunity to provide more means for the customers to get in touch. Live chat service providers and their agents create a very helpful yet professional feel in any webpage. With that said, its support agents must and are expected to speak a language fluently and must know how to communicate effectively just like in any other form of customer care services. Meeting these standards, paired with thorough knowledge of the company’s products and services, will surely take your customers to a whole new level of quality service.